November 18, 2015
1. Keep your comforter or quilt dry by placing a lawn bag or tarp underneath.
photo credit: http://ow.ly/UOyZs
2. Make sure to bring your favorite snacks or even pack a full meal!
- Home baked goodies are a crowd pleaser.
- Throw the ingredients from your favorite soup or casserole recipe into the crock pot and let it cook throughout the day. Dinner made easy – just unplug it and bring it to the park!
- Get something to go from one of your favorite downtown spots: Pantry 387, Riverfront Bar & Grill, and Front Street Deli have great picnic munchies!
photo source: http://ow.ly/UOzJt
3. Grab your favorite mug and a thermos filled with a toasty beverage.
- Try this Creamy Hot Cocoa recipe and don’t forget the whipped cream!
photo source: http://ow.ly/UOyPi
4. Bring a few things to do.
- From personal hotspots on your phone to portable speakers, today’s technology expands outdoor fun possibilities.
- Keep it old school and bring a football, some homework or maybe a good book.
photo source: http://ow.ly/UOAzd
5. Enjoy the great outdoors!
- Whether you’re picnicking along our 5 miles of riverfront space or in your own backyard, take time to explore nature.
- Leave the space as great as before you came! Pick up your trash and dispose of it appropriately.